On Monday, June 5, Mount Isa police attended the Girl Guides night to help them with their preparedness badge.
Preparedness includes taking the time to prepare and plan for personal safety and property safety around the home. Questions for preparedness included:
- Why is locking your doors and windows important, and how can we remember to do it?
- What is a scam, and why do they exist?
- What is social media, and an internet shadow?
- Why is it important to tell your family what you are doing when using the internet?
- Who are the people that we chat to when using on-line games?
- What is Neighbourhood Watch, and how do they help the community?
Thank you Mount Isa Girl Guides for having us!